Re: National Meet

To: "Datsun Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: National Meet
From: Ronnie Day <rday@cyberramp.net>
Date: Fri, 26 Mar 1999 18:19:16 -0600
I've been thinking about this since Calspeed mentioned the idea a couple
of days ago. If it's going to draw from all over the country I think
it'll need to be centrally located. I'd also like to see a broad range of
activities like that offered at the All Datsun Mt. Shasta, so there'd
need a track for a street school/track day.

How about the Tulsa area (includes the Hallett track) or maybe Colorado
Springs or Denver? I'm not sure what tracks are in those areas, but a
quick search off of autocross.com leads me to believe there are at least
a couple. Not to insult any Oklahoma folks, but I think either Denver or
Springs would be more picturesque.

There may be a nice track in the Kansas City, but looking at Blackhawk
Farms (Chicago area) or Mid-Ohio I think they're too far north and east,
particularly for folks from the west coast. Watkins and Road Atlanta are
less centrally located.

Another thing to consider is the time of year for this. I think June
would probably be a good match between most personal schedules and still
not be too warm. Going to the Denver/Springs areas might make the heat
less of a factor latter in the summer.

Just thought I'd throw these ideas out for consideration.

FWIW, Ron

Ronnie Day
rday@airmail.net
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared class autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)