Re: National Meet - Colorado

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: National Meet - Colorado
From: neffster@bemail.com
Date: Tue, 30 Mar 1999 14:17:33 -700
WRT a Colorado location for the meet... Having never been to one of these
meets, I don't know what the expectations are. But if _I_ was going to a meet

in my own state, I'd want something, say, like Telluride, Colorado. You'd have

so much fun getting there, it wouldn't matter what the meet was like!

Rick Stayner mentioned:
>I believe there is a track south of Colorado Springs (Pikes Peak Raceway?).

>There was also talk of a track to be built near Pueblo,Co,which would a little

>farther south.

That's open: Pikes Peak International Raceway (www.ppir.com) - about 1/2 way

between Colorado Springs and Pueblo. It's getting great reviews and national

recogition, so that might help the draw (attendee's and vendor's). Probably

expensive too..
I think I've heard of an older track somewhere around here, still trying to

find that out.

>If the National was held in the Springs, everyone could drive to the top of

>Pikes Peak over the road where the hillclimb is run.

Yeah, and those stinkers are charging $35.00 PER CAR for the privilege!! I can

show you (well Rick probably can too) way cool 2 lane twisty rides in the
nearby mountains that are free! (altho as I recall, there's more choices out

of Denver).

Ronnie Day added:
>Another reason I suggested the Springs/Denver areas was their having
>cool(er) weather throughout the summer.

That is VERY true. And we dry-climate folk don't take humidity too well.
Colorado Springs never hit 100 last summer. Plus you can ALWAYS freeze your

butt off on a nearby "14'er" (ie: Pikes Peak: 14,110') ANY time of the year!

   I have no idea what these meets involve, in fact I've never seen more than

3 Roadsters in one place, but if Colorado became a hot possibility, I'd
certainly offer my time to assist.

dan.
Dan Neff   '69 2000
neffster@bemail.com