Re: brakes lines - bend or buy?

To: glasgow@serv.net, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: brakes lines - bend or buy?
From: DemonTSi@aol.com
Date: Tue, 4 May 1999 01:14:23 EDT
In a message dated 5/3/99 9:40:32 PM Pacific Daylight Time, glasgow@serv.net
writes:

<< Bending the lines isn't the hard part. You can buy brake line material in
bulk
 at lots of auto parts stores, and you can get a tubing bender there, too. The
 hard part is getting a correct flare in the end of the line so they seal
 properly. Unless you plan on doing some custom brake work for some reason,
 you're probably a lot better off buying new stock ones. >>

Gordon, don't forget to mention your custom brake routing! The more I look at
my now barren (save for the brake and clutch hard lines) engine compartment,
the more I despise the stock routing of those lines. They really are all over
the place, and serve only to clutter up the engine bay. Did you move your
junction box inside the "hump?" Any issues with reaching it with the
engine/valve cover in the way? I was thinking of moving my junction in there
also, but am afraid of the lack of accessibility once the engine is in
place...not that I plan on having to mess with the brakes much, but it would
be nice to have things within reach...

Van