Re: my Fairlady spoke

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: my Fairlady spoke
From: B Strachan <bstrachan@home.com>
Date: Wed, 05 May 1999 20:02:29 -0700
What did you use for cable?  Auto antenna cable is a very specialized,
low capacitance, low loss cable.  You can buy extension cables made out
of the right stuff at the larger parts houses like Pep Boys, Kragen,
etc.  Best to use existing connectors as cable impedance is a function
of the physical dimensions of the cable and if you aren't careful making
a splice, you'll introduce an impedance discontinuity that reflects most
of the incoming signal right back to the antenna.

Barrie
----