Floor Rust & Sounddeadening

To: "Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Floor Rust & Sounddeadening
From: "Daniel" <daniel@seaport.net>
Date: Thu, 20 May 1999 08:30:03 -0700
G'day,

In the process, of removing and replacing a heater core, I have decided to
pull the carpet, fill the rain holes and add some sounddeadening.

First, I have a 1/2" hole through the floor in one spot (that I know of).
Would it be best to cut the hole out and fill with a comparable sized rubber
plug?  Or is there a another option, without welding.

Second, what is the best type of sounddeadening to put under the carpet?
Dynamatt?

The carpet lays into place nicely now.  Should I bother to "tack it" in
place with a carpet glue?

Thank you in advance.

Daniel Beatty
65 1600 #1322