<all> need help (not car related)

To: 240z-club <240z-club@peak.org>,
Subject: <all> need help (not car related)
From: Marc Sayer <msayer1@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 24 May 1999 14:20:34 -0700
My wife works for our local 911 agency and they need some software help.
She has been assigned the task of trying to get the situation resolved.
They are running Windows 95, NT and some proprietary mainframe stuff (I
think). They need to be able to hot key jump from one window to another
directly and without using the mouse. One of the windows has a screen
that comes from their mainframe. Apparently their IS folks couldn't
figure out how to do this for some reason and said "you'll just have to
use the mouse." That's fine for most situations but not for the high
pressure, high speed environment of 911 dispatching. They need to be
able to make the jumps between various screens right away and without
taking their hands off the keyboard (I know it sounds silly but I've
seen the situation and they really do need this). So does anyone out
there have the skills or know of someone who has the skills? Or can
anyone point me to a site or list where I might find the skills. You can
call my wife Carole at 541-746-8440 or email her at either
csayer@efn.org or at Carole.A.Sayer@ci.eugene.or.us

--
Marc Sayer
Editor/Publisher