Re: Recoring Radiators

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Recoring Radiators
From: Bob Mann <rwmannco@interport.net>
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 1999 09:24:01 -0400
Well, turns out it is a 3-row radiator, just didn't look like it.

The problem appears to be all the crud tumbling out of the top tank;
looks like crumbling cement.  On the flow bench, didn't exactly flow
like Niagara, to say the least.  After tanking, we'll flow it again and
see if anything else (rodding) is required.  Trying not to take it apart
unless absolutely necessary.

May try one of those radiator filters after the tanking, just to make
sure no more crud migrates into the top tank....  Given that this
overheating problem suddenly materialized, I would guess there's more in
the block or elsewhere.

- Bob