Re: Cylinder numbering

To: Jsk977@aol.com
Subject: Re: Cylinder numbering
From: pkort@cis.picker.com
Date: Tue, 20 Jul 1999 07:14:00 -0400

  Sorry to disagree Jerry, but my 1966 Saab '96' was a three cylinder 2 stroke.
Paid $1,135, tax and title, for it in March of 1967 at a used car lot that
didn't know how to start a two stroke!
   I believe the V4s were sold as '95's or was that just station wagons.  But
you are correct that the 93 was also a 3 cylinder.  Big difference; on the 93,
the hood and grill hinged open together from the bumper.  On the 96, the grill
stayed in place and the hood hinged above it.  You have to go way back to Saabs
beginnings to find a 2 cylinder motor and I think it was borrowed from DKW!

Paul
OROC

ROADSTER CONTENT!  On a trip to Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix last Saturday, my
1600 managed just over 26 miles per gallon with a good part of the trip at 70
mph+.  Trip was complete with leg cramps!