Oil Pressure

To: <lkmeston@pscnet.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Oil Pressure
From: "Ron & Julie Edgar" <rvedgar@bellsouth.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jul 1999 20:42:47 -0400
Hi Larry,

I can tell you my 1600 runs 40lbs at idle (800 rpm) when cold, and drops to
20 at idle when hot. (Oil is 10w 50 Castrol GTX)
At any RPM over 2000 she is pumping 80 lbs. The factory oil gauge was not
usable as I could wiggle it with my hand when running down the road and it
would go from 10 to 60 and back.  The new gauges are just a $24.00 mini
gauge set I bought at Pepboys.  I think its a good idea to
put in new gauges if you can.  Mine are mounted to the right of the steering
wheel at the bottom of the console.   You can see pictures
ere  ---->http://personal.mia.bellsouth.net/mia/r/v/rvedgar/

Hope this is helpful

Ron Edgar
68 1600