Re: long one day drive

To: "jdg1" <jdg1@ix.netcom.com>,
Subject: Re: long one day drive
From: Ronnie Day <rday@airmail.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Jul 1999 12:58:17 -0500
>Well I'm a bit confused.  I've been reading the multiple posts on engine
>transplants and confess I do not understand the need.

I'd say one the primary reasons for considering a swap is the cost of
keeping the U-20 running and the rapidly vanishing parts, at any price.
That's one big plus for the 510 types, with so many more cars built and
the large number of major components that are common with the Z-Car.

>The only "problems" encountered on the trip were:

>2.) Dim headlights -- I have Cibie z-beams and they were not as bright as
>they should have been.  Anyone have any ideas on this?

My first guess would be ineffective ground(s). Does the roadster switch
the grouind side of the circuit like the 510 does? Check all of you
connections all the way through the circuit.

HIH, Ron

Ronnie Day
rday@airmail.net
Dallas/Ft. Worth
'71 510 2-dr (Prepared class autocrosser)
'73 510 2-dr (Street Toy)