Re: K&N Filter Source

To: "Roadster List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: K&N Filter Source
From: Ronnie Day <rday@airmail.net>
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 07:54:45 -0500
>I went to this site and found it crazy! I can get a K&N filter for my 35
>year old, low performance truck (same as the PL-410), but not my 30 year old
>hi perf. sports car?
>
>Victor
>70 SRL
>65 L-320
>Los Angeles

I ordered mine from APT in Riverside (800/278-3278). K&N makes filters
with base plates for SU's and Mikuni/Weber setups, so you shouldn't have
a problem. I think there are three heights and at least a couple of
diameters. I ordered the tall (3 inch) 6 inch units which should clear in
a 510 since I replaced the OEM dual M/C with a single unit.

If clearance might be a problem, they offer offset bases and even solid
bases that allow you to "roll your own". I also ordered the shorty (under
1/2 inch) velocity stacks which should fit inside any of the filters.

Won't get the engine in and all this stuff fitted until next week since
we've decided to take our three oldest grandkids to my mother-in-laws's
for the weekend. Oh well, it's been several years, what's another week.<G>

FWIW, Ron

Ronnie Day
rday@airmail.net
ronnie_day@acd.org