Re: Rear Brakes

To: "Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: Re: Rear Brakes
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Wed, 1 Sep 1999 13:09:21 -0700
Yes, you can replace it with a rebuild kit. If it's not too much of an
inconvenience, put it up on jackstands, and remove the rear brake slave
assembly. Take it apart, and inspect the cylinder.

If there is pitting, scratches, gouges, then replace the whole thing.
Otherwise, get a rebuild kit and slap it together.

Just be sure you get the right kit, as there are different types of slave
cylinders. That is, the piston size needs to match your cylinder size.

It isn't clear from your post if you're talking about the piston seal, or the
outer rubber seal that goes against the brake drum backing plate. Replace that
outer rubber at the same time, to keep dirt out.

Fred - So.SF
SFBADROC