NGK Codes Don't use the P

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: NGK Codes Don't use the P
From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Date: Thu, 2 Sep 1999 12:02:21 EDT
With all of this spark plug talk I thought everyone might find this handy:

 <A HREF="http://www.bmts.com/~brooklea/ysr/ngk.htm";>NGK Spark Plugs, and how
to read them</A>

or if the link doesn't come through:
http://www.bmts.com/~brooklea/ysr/ngk.htm

NGK has their own site @ www.ngksparkplugs.com, but I have had no luck
getting my aol browser to show it.

BPR5 or 6 ES to my knowledge is NOT the correct plug for the 1600. (the 2000
either according to my books here) The P stands for a "projected tip".  The
small change of location of the spark in the "swirl pattern" can effect
firing. I run a BR6ES in 1600 (Autolite = 404) This plug has a regular tip on
it. Goto you local parts store and compare the autolite 64's and 404's you'll
see. May be something to consider, especially if the head has been milled one
or more times. Several years ago I had a british-resto shop and have done
MUCH fiddling w/ plugs. Seems MG's eat up a set every month. Gotta do the
SU's once a week on them too. <G> Boy I love my hassle-free Datsun !

Laurie :-)
'70 SPL311
Chandler, AZ