RE: alternator

To: "'pkort@cis.picker.com'" <pkort@cis.picker.com>,
Subject: RE: alternator
From: Eric Frisbee <EFrisbee@incc.net>
Date: Tue, 7 Sep 1999 07:27:27 -0600
Speaking of alternator problems...   I am STILL having problems with my
alternator!   I have attempted to use the GM alt conversion (following the
tips by Tom Walter)   and finally swapped out with a confirmed good
alternator/voltage reg from a 68 1600...   Nothing!   I see the 12 volts of
the battery, but nothing is charging!   I had the GM checked out and tested
the 68's alt while in the 68... it cranked out a cool 14- 15 volts..

Any suggestions?    I have to be up and running by the 18th of this month,
or there are gonna be a bunch of Colorado roadster maniacs coming to hurt me
for missing yet another roadster meeting!!   Thanks in advance!

Eric
'68 2000
'67 1600 (having alt  problems)
'68 1600  (good donor alternator)