Re: <240z-club> <all> Franklin mint model photo

To: "Pilati, Bryan P." <bpilati@aatd.eustis.army.mil>
Subject: Re: <240z-club> <all> Franklin mint model photo
From: Marc Sayer <msayer1@concentric.net>
Date: Thu, 09 Sep 1999 17:34:31 -0800
> "Pilati, Bryan P." wrote:
>
> The model does not have the 240Z logo behind the quarter glass.  The
> gas fill access door has not knob.  The 240Z coffee mug has a Z w/ a
> G-nose.  Blahhh!  Ok, I'm done complaining.  Thank you.

Well as far as the cup goes, that is Mr. K's G-nose so its sorta hard to
argue with them about using it, however it isn't even a 70, so accuracy
wasn't a prime directive for Nissan when they made those cups. OTOH as
part of a promotional program that relied heavily on Mr. K's persona and
that car's image in particular, it was inevitable that they would use
it. Plus you just can't please everyone, no matter how hard you try
(already had one guy who said he wouldn't get the model cause his car
wasn't orange :-
 --
 Marc Sayer
 Editor/Publisher