virus

To: "a roadster list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: virus
From: "PATRICK P. CASTRONOVO" <slick@mohaveaz.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 1999 11:15:49 -0700
I have just received a Happy 99 virus from Steve Harvey, through this Datsun
list.  If any of you have received e-mail That has an attachment of a
windows icon that has written under it Happy 99, do not open the icon.  But
if you cannot recall receiving that icon, then try to remember if you opened
anything that set off fireworks and nothing else after you opened an
attachment.  That is the 99 virus.  This virus is such that it attaches
itself to the names in your address book and sends itself to all in your
book.  I had it last year in my other computer, and even tho I deleted it,
my computer never did run right afterwards.  I have the McAfee virus scan,
but it went undetected.  I tried to write to this list with a forward of the
letter, but it never came on line.  I dont know why.