Oil line fix

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Oil line fix
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Fri, 17 Sep 1999 14:21:47 -0700
Tom Walter said "FIX THAT TEMP GAUGE... cheaper than replacing the head!"

Here's another cheap fix. Once in a while, check the oil line that runs
from the block to the distributor body.

I'm making slow progress on my U20 rebuild, and am finally getting all the
little things back on the engine. Before putting this oil line back on, I
decided to blow it out with some air pressure. Hard to tell that this
didn't work, until I squirted some WD-40 in it and nothing came out the
other end. There's this fitting at the block, with a teeny-weeny hole in
it. The darn thing was packed with crud. The distributor shaft and tach
drive gear depends on this oil line.

Save your distributor and check that oil fitting. I'm glad I did before
putting in my shiny new distributor!

Fred - So.SF