PO ramblings-Previously spear shaped trim

To: "datsun list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: PO ramblings-Previously spear shaped trim
From: "nruff" <NRUFFCORN@prodigy.net>
Date: Wed, 22 Sep 1999 23:48:31 -0500
Sounds like a little good 'ol "down under" engineering to me!!  ;-)  I think
your roadster must have been owned by the same guy that owned our 1970 1600.
Many years before we bought it, it was repainted for "free" by the local
tech school.  They were great at disassembly it was just the "put it back
together" part that was hard.  Trust me, there was nothing left untouched
(or is that unkinked?)
Can't get that pesky side trim off?  How bout using a claw-hammer?
Having difficulty getting to that window crank and door release inside the
doors?  No problem!  Just cut a bigger access hole with a hacksaw and VOLA!
Where did all these EXTRA parts come from? Welp, last day of the semester
anyway, no time to finish it now!  Just stuff em all in the trunk!

After this "rebuild" of sorts, it was abandoned in a field after the owner
supposedly moved to Texas and never returned for the car.  Sat there for
SEVEN years before someone went through the trouble of getting a clear title
(no fun in this state!)
Why is it that roadsters have such wacky histories anyway?  It seems that
almost every roadster has a story!
Nathan

> You could do what the idiot I bought my car off did. You drill right
through the
> trim and then secure it in place with the biggest aluminium pop rivets you
could
> find, completely flattening the trim while you are at it.
> Other useful tips from "The previous owner of Alan's Fairlady" -
> - If you break the tabs off the back of the Fairlady emblem just glue it
in place
> with Araldite, then drill through the emblem and secure it in place with a
wood
> screwith a nut on the other side. (make sure you use too much glue, so it
can run
> everywhere)
> - Rust holes in the floor can be easily fixed by cutting up old Coca-Cola
cans and
> gluing them in place. Don't bother painting over the repair to try to hide
it, that
> would be a waste of paint!
> - If the voltage regularor dies, don't worry about getting a new one, just
route the
> wires to a toggle switch on the dash. When you find that the car is
getting hard to
> start, you just flick on the switch and charge up the battery for a while.
(Don't
> try to hide that toggle switch, stick it right in the middle of the dash)
> - There is no up or down side to a head gasket, it will go on either way.
(gee, I