Brit-car Barrie Bares All

To: roadsterlist <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brit-car Barrie Bares All
From: B Strachan <bstrachan@home.com>
Date: Thu, 23 Sep 1999 20:05:44 -0700
I'd like to announce the official results in the recent "Only a MGB
could
be the most traitoris" contest.

First place: Ramblin' Tom Phelan, who stopped somewhere along the
Interstate long enough to send the winning email-

        I'd guess "E-Type" in Red!

It isn't red, (yet!) but it is a '67 Jag E-Type coupe, or "FHC" as those
teddibly correct Brits call them.  Its most redeeming feature is its
Ford 5
liter HO V8, which moves it right along, thanks.  I have learned the
Jag-snots refer to these conversions as Lumps.  I now believe that is an
acronym for Less Upkeep, More Performance.

Second Place: Dennis Currington, who knew but didn't tell  ;-)

Last Place: Michael "Calspeed" Carion.  Michael, what have you been
smoking????  I don't even know what an Alfa whateveritis looks like!!!

To all of you who knew I would never buy an MGB, thanks for your
unwavering
trust.  And fear not, the Roadster is still my baby.  It lives in the
garage, the Jag lives in the carport next to the used steel stockpile.

Enjoy the ride!

Brit-car Barrie
'66 2000
'67 Muskuar