Re: Electric Fuel Pump, Steering Box

To: Dusty <dusty@app-net.com>, ROADSTER <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Electric Fuel Pump, Steering Box
From: Philip Erickson <philip.erickson@Agouron.COM>
Date: Wed, 29 Sep 1999 14:37:24 -0700
The only time your fuel pump (mechanical or electrical) should lose it prime is
if you run out of gas.
The pump has two valves that keep the fuel from siphoning back into the tank.
Either both valves are leaking or you have an air leak, usually in the fuel line
between the pump and the tank, but could be into the pump (like a pin hole in
the diaphram).

--
Philip Erickson                                  Phone:  (858) 622-7963
Associate Scientist