Overflow tubes

Subject: Overflow tubes
From: Robert Reynolds <bobr@dnai.com>
Date: Thu, 30 Sep 1999 15:01:46 -0700
What exactly is the purpose of the overflow lines on the Hitachi SU carbs?
I'm new to this type of carb - the PO removed the lines, saying that he'd
rather dump the fuel down the side of the carb than over the manifold where
they were originally (?). But now every time the car sits, the fuel
evaporates out of the bowls and I have to "prime" it by pouring fuel into
the overflow holes.

If (as I suspect) I need to reinstall overflow lines, what is the spec for
the fittings, and how should they be routed?

Thanks,
- Bob

SRL311-09765