RE: camshaft

To: a roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: camshaft
From: Jim Tyler <jtyler29@idt.net>
Date: Sat, 9 Oct 1999 00:30:00 -0400
uuuuH,  it's OK,,,, if you aren't hoping for a bazillion miles, and are
going to keep the revs down for street use yea, ok.

If you are blueprinting, forget it.

Lifter/cam metalurgy is a major issue for R and A engines when racing.
The stock stuff is really not tough enough.  For street, with stock springs,
new OE are fine., refaced are just ok.

Coated versions help with proper break in, but once you get through
the coating you are into the soft stuff and all bets are off.

Jim Tyler