Engine rebuild

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Engine rebuild
From: Mike Poorboy <bitterrootprop@nidlink.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Nov 1999 09:34:35 -0800
Morning List,
Just started to reassemble my 2 liter. I have a few questions.
First should the crank be hard to turn over after turning the crank and
putting new bearings in it. I plasti-gaged it and it was in tolerance. I

also cleaned and used assembly lube on bearings before I final torqued
the main caps. The crank can not be rotated by hand it needs a socket
and ratchet to turn it over. It has been 25 years since I rebuilt the
low
end of an engine. I just want to verify things as I go along.

Mike
SRL 311 11714 is coming back to life!!
There is a heat wave here in Idaho! Its in the sixties, and sunny.