Sprite Lurker Speaks plus a spam forward at the end

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Sprite Lurker Speaks plus a spam forward at the end
From: Robert Rees <rrees@digitex.net>
Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2000 09:16:35 -0600
--------------C8967439AEA5BEC9D0AA324A

I have been lurking here from the Spridget list for a friend who doesn't
have a web connection at this time. He does however have a 69 2000
Roadster, thus that explains my presence here. I have a couple of quick
questions plus a forward then I'll go back to lurking like a good Brit
car driver.

#1. One of my fellow Sprite drivers has found a pair of Solex carbs that
are 48 mm and are DCOE weber style, any idea what these would fit and if
not what info do I need off of them to narrow down the range of
applications ( I am hoping that these would fit my friends 2000). If
they do fit the 2000 would they need a different manifold or are the
manifolds the same for both applications?

#2. My Roadster friend has often bemoaned my accessibility to parts
pertaining to my cars and how difficult it is to find parts for his.
>From lurking here it seems that there may be companies out there that
are the Roadster equivalent of Vicky Brits and Moss Motoring. Is there
anyone out there that would take the time to send me any information on
who these companies might be so that I may pass it on to my friend as
his car is already heading down the disassembly route (no ziplocks,
still film or videotape was harmed in the process <G>) I hope he can get
the darn thing back together again.

#3. I went and looked at a Roadster about 3 weeks ago for him (he wants
to really restore a short windscreen car) that was for sale at $800. It
is a '69 I am assuming from the weird shape of the marker lights, the
interior was shot and the exterior was very rough. It allegedly ran and
was 1600 5 speed car. Don't know what a 5 speed 1600 tranny goes for but
if there are any listers in the FT. Worth/Dallas area that would like to
view this...IMHO...unrestoreable parts car please email me back.

#4. It seems as though you have a couple of talented yet devious
individuals (as far as the computer genre is concerned) on this list. I
loved the "ebay thief" thread. Several folks on the Spridget list are
suffering from Credit Card Co. Spamming and we have had several ideas
thrown in the ring to consider. After reading some of the thoughts you
folks had on the ebay thread I would like to offer up one of our ideas
by way of forwarding and see what could possibly be improved upon with
it here. I may get burned on this last comment but .....here goes.... it
is funny how things can go full circle. The British car industry had
alot of problems with their cars and the Japanese took the concept and
improved on it when they came out with their own sports cars (I know why
the Brits stopped, anyone care to share why Japan stopped?) Now here are
the Brit Car lovers with problems and I have crossed the lines to see if
the Japanese Car lovers can help to improve on our ideas.

Anyway, if you made it this far, thanks for reading. I have a separate
email profile for the Datsun list for Bobby to go to and I am on my own
email with the Spridgets. So you can flame me here or at
toyman@digitex.net         Thanks for any help you may be able to offer,
Brad Fornal
--------------C8967439AEA5BEC9D0AA324A
 name="nsmailAS.TMP"

Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2000 08:38:39 -0600
From: Brad Fornal <toyman@digitex.net>
To: rrees@digitex.net
Subject: [Fwd: more spam...]
 boundary="------------A30D26F2D396122C2D6F9CCB"

Date: Sun, 05 Mar 2000 08:24:57 -0500
From: paul m <pmetzger@top.monad.net>
To: DLancer7676@cs.com, spridgets@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: more spam...
Sender: owner-spridgets@autox.team.net

DLancer7676@cs.com wrote:
> If there were a way to cut into
> the telemarketing execs pockets for interrupting my dinner I would do it.  I
> bet those kids have to take a lot of crap for their buck.   8^)
>
> --David C.

david,
        you might have the answer here.  i've only gotten a couple of these
credit card spams, and they didn't stay on my screen long enough for
me to read them.  (i take pride in a fast 'del' key!)  has anyone
looked into these spams deep enough to find out which credit card
company the twerp is hawking?
        maybe flooding the credit card company's email system with
forwarded copies could influence them enough to take action. i
assume spam promotion like this is driven by the payment of a
commission for each card sold.  this means that the spammer can be
identified by the parent company.  if we can make it as annoying to
them as it is to us we might get some relief.

paul m
'kill the cash flow, kill the spam!'

--
"If the only tool you have is a hammer,