Brakes; non-roadster

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Brakes; non-roadster
From: "Tom Householder" <tomhouse@integrityonline.com>
Date: Tue, 7 Mar 2000 20:18:28 -0800
Hello all:

I have a 89 Mercury Tracer. I went to drive it the other day and
noticed
the brake pedal went to floor when I was backing out of the driveway.
Upon inspection, I discovered that the master cylinder was leaking
fluid by the seal between the cylinder and the resiorvoir. I had
previously
replaced the front pads, and front brake hoses. No problems. The brake
pads/shoes and cylinders/calipers have no leaks.

After replacing the master cylinder, I bled the brakes several times,
at first seeing air bubbles in the spent fluid, then a steady stream
of
fluid. The problem is, pedal still goes to the floor and is very
spongy.
How much will I need to bleed them before the air gets out of the
system??

__Tom Householder/ 69 2000