Roadster sighting and frame cleaning process

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Roadster sighting and frame cleaning process
From: Guy <gppepoy@cybertrails.com>
Date: Wed, 08 Mar 2000 18:56:00 -0800
Greetings,

Today I spotted a roadster in Tempe, Arizona (around Broadway and
Priest) at about 3:45PM.  I was going in the opposit direction and
didn't want to be rude to the person in front of me...didn't get a good
look.  Seemed like the roadster was under restoration...kind of a pink
or cream color with a luggage rack on the back.  Couldn't tell the year
or if it was a 1600 or 2000.  Anyone on the list?

Oh, I used 5 cans of Easy-Off, 2 cans of Gunk, and 2 cans of Aircraft
paint remover to clean my frame (along with several hours with a 2,700
psi pressure sprayer).  That sucker is CLEAN.  It's amazing what 30+
years of grease, oil, Arizona dirt and a white hot sun can achieve.  Now
for the next adventure...POR 15.  Oh, Its obvious the roadster was rear
ended at some point.  The rear frame crossmember is bent in a tad.  Also
noted the brackets for the rear stabilizer thingy cracked from (but not
off the frame).  Will weld this on.  Any tips to determine if the frame
is out of wack?  It looks straight to the eye.

Will keep you posted on the next step of the grand adventure.

Guy
1967.5 SPL
Tempe, Arizona