1500 distributor and carbs questions

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: 1500 distributor and carbs questions
From: RoadsteRob@aol.com
Date: Fri, 10 Mar 2000 13:44:33 EST
Hello again people

This is a message from Doug Smith received via the web E-Mail Link - as a
2000/1600 owner I am unable to help Doug - any help you could give would be
appreciated. Thanks - Rob  <A HREF="http://www.datsun.org/fairlady/";>The
Classic Fairlady Roadster Register</A>

Doug's E-Mail address is:-

dsditto@alaskalife.net

<< I've been hunting down various fuel and carb & timing problems with my '65
1500. It looks like my original factory service manual makes reference to 2
different distributors. It shows specs for an Hitachi distributor and
different specs for a Mitsubishi distributor. My Chilton's manual shows
conflicting distributor specs. I think I have an Hitachi distributor. Do you
know anything about the 1500's having 2 different distributors installed and
if so, what their specs are?

Also, I recently found out there are hundreds of different carb piston
needles that are out there for the 1600 and 2000's. Can these needles be
used in my 1500? I think my car runs too rich and I need a set that's leaner
and mid/upper range than my M15 needles.

Any info you could be provide would be most appreciated. I've looked at just
about every web site I could find that provides info on SU carbs and info.
on 1500's is very scarce!

Thank you-

Doug Smith
Anchorage, AK >>