RE: Jackshaft bearing

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: RE: Jackshaft bearing
From: Stephan Sochoux <sochoux@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 13 Mar 2000 20:11:57 -0800 (PST)
I think i found the answer while doing more digging in
the archives... 2 holes in the 1600, 3 in the 2000 and
all holes must align.
Crap, need to take it back to the machinist, probably
another week of waiting..
Do i need to get a new bearing ? I assume the newly
installed bearing cannot be re-aligned, it will be
destroyed when removed.
I now wonder about the rest of the work that was done,
if the machinist was meticulous in his work. I had the
cylinders rebored and the crank ground 10 under.
I guess i'll find out during reassembly time...

Stephan.