RE: 1967.5 Roadster Extreme

To: "'Adam Grupe'" <adgvette@hotmail.com>,
Subject: RE: 1967.5 Roadster Extreme
From: Michael Landskroner <Mlandskroner@mlg.com>
Date: Tue, 14 Mar 2000 08:50:15 -0500
Several years ago a Roadster was for sale in Hot Rod that had a 350 in
it. Called the guy and he told me of some of the numerous changes he had
to make to get the 350 to fit. It helped that he worked at a racing
fabrication shop. He told me 1st gear was useless because of all the
torque available and the propensity of the rear axle winding up when
accelerating. He redesigned the rear but it still gave him problems.
Also the frame twisted in areas from all the power.

He also said it went great in a straight line but handled for crap in
the curves because of all the weight up front.

Mike

BTW, he had to drop the body over the motor as you can't put the motor
in the normal way.