Re: Roadster Antenna

To: <CalSpeed@aol.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Roadster Antenna
From: "Fred Katz" <fredkatz@2xtreme.net>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2000 21:43:11 -0800
Michael,

You can make use of that antenna by combining it with another antenna that
is broken or bent. So don't discard it. It will take a half hour of your
time, and the antenna will not be perfect. But it can be put to use.

There is a black plastic plug in the bottom of the grey plastic tube below
the base. Don't try prying it out, that's a waste of time. Use a Dremel
cutting tool or a hacksaw to carefully cut the grey plastic tube just above
the black plug at the dimpled holes in the grey plastic. The antenna is
spring loaded just behind the plug, so be careful when removing it. Push
the metal antenna shaft down and out of the tube.

Swap parts to make one good antenna assembly. Place the good antenna mast
up into the bottom of the good tube (with the intact wire lead). Insert the
spring (about 8 inches long) making sure the black end is up against the
bottom of the metal mast. Then insert the black plug in the bottom, by
glueing it in place. Then drill a small hole in the tube and put a screw
through it into the plug.

Voila, a working antenna.

Fred - So.SF