Older than dirt

To: "Datsun Roadsters" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Older than dirt
From: "Terry and Donna Cost" <tcost@vvm.com>
Date: Thu, 16 Mar 2000 22:30:29 -0600
I just barely remember the canvas bags that my father would hang on our
front bumper going through the southwest.  Fill them with water (about 3
gallons) and they would seep out a little, which would evaporate at the
majestic speeds we traveled, and cool the water remaining, which we would
drink at the frequent rest stops.

Any of you oldsters remember louvered sun shades?  There is a manufacturer
here in Temple, Tx that  still custom designs a metal insert to match the
windows of your car, along the same idea as the window tint that's popular
now.  The metal insert has hundreds of 1/16" x 1" louvers stamped into it,
which filter out the sun, and if the windows are down, act as a screen to
let air pass through.  You fasten the insert to the window trim.  When car
windows were square and cars were not air conditioned, they were very
popular.

Leisure Suit Terry