Heads

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Heads
From: Noel Finden <finden@ozemail.com.au>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 08:16:14 +1000
I don't want to buy into what is the correct thickness of a U20 head, but
from the discussion there appears that there might be two different castings.
"Urban myth" has it that the later heads were different.
Recently one of our people who does work on roadsters commented that the
last couple of heads he worked on were different, and they came from '70
model cars.  He said they looked like "Monday" heads.  That is the
machining wasn't as good, there were more dags from the casting, ports
seemed smaller, etc, etc.

So is it possible Nissan had two different castings (much like they did
with the L-series)?

Noel Finden
'70 2000