Kind of sad

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Kind of sad
From: Mike Poorboy <bitterrootprop@nidlink.com>
Date: Sun, 19 Mar 2000 18:29:33 -0800
List,
Well I hate to say it, but SRL 311 11714 is almost gone.
I sold the hood and the front fenders today I am just
down to odds and ends and of course the U20 and
5 speed. I figure those should be gone by the end of the
month.

It makes me think back on all the work I did to get it up
and running from a rusted hulk. When things get better
I will get another project to work on. Hopefully the
next one won't be in as bad as shape as this was.

It is kind of funny when you take them apart you find things
you did to make working on it easier and forgot to finish it.

The lower bolts on the front fenders by the doors where rusted
when I got the car and the inner nuts where stripped so I cut a
small access hole in the underside of the body to put new nuts
on the fender bolts. I was going to seal them after I had the
fenders back on. I completely forgot they where there until
I took the fenders off. I guess I am one of those PO's that
everyone talks about.

I also was thinking that I wouldn't have a car for Shasta, but
in spirit my car will be there several times over. it actually
will be kind of fun picking out the parts on peoples cars
that came off of mine.

Mike
NOWROC
Completely race car and basketball burnt out.
watched all thirteen hours of Speedvisions coverage of the 12 hours of
Sebring
between basketball games.