Hood supports

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Hood supports
From: Daniel Neuman <dneuman@stars.sfsu.edu>
Date: Mon, 20 Mar 2000 13:34:50 -0800 (PST)
Hello All,
        I tried to post this one before but I never saw it come up and no one
replied to it so...
        Looking at the hood(bonnet??) support on my car is strikes me as
being a little weak.  I am talking about the metal rod that props the hood
open. The welding on mine is starting to let go and I do not like how the
hood flexs there.  Ever have your hood open in a strong wind??? Yikes!!
        Has anybody ever thought about installing those little gas charged
struts(like 240's have on their rear hatches) on both sides of the hood to
support the weight??
        Does anybody have any thoughts on this?
                Daniel 69 2000