Re: Theft Deterrent and Seat Belts (chitchat)

To: sidney raper <spl310@hotmail.com>, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: Theft Deterrent and Seat Belts (chitchat)
From: B Strachan <bstrachan@home.com>
Date: Wed, 22 Mar 2000 17:42:49 -0800
This is funny.  Reminds me of an occurence here in San Diego a couple of
years or so back.  Someone was stealing a certain brand (I've forgotten
which one) of 4wd sport ute out of the UCSD parking lots.  They were
losing about one a week.  Finally the campus cops got one of these
vehicles, put it in the parking lot, rigged the engine so NO ONE could
start it, and lurked nearby waiting for the car thief to show up.  Sure
enough, he DID show up, and while the campus cops were getting their
vehicles started, he was out of the parking lot  ;-)  They chased him
all the way to Mexico where he screeched up to the fence, climbed on top
of the Jeep or whatever it was, hopped over into Mexico and stood there
laughing at them.  True story as reported in the San Diego Onion (opps,
that's "Union").

Barrie
'66 2000
San Diego