devil with a black dress on!

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: devil with a black dress on!
From: Pam & Paul Bauman <plhbauman@earthlink.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2000 18:59:08 -0800
Finished painting the frame (and me) today. I was as careful as I could
be and still looked like a West Virginia coal miner! Oil based paints
may not be the ideal medium for frame painting nowadays, but a little
paint thinner and five minutes later I was clean again. Can't say the
same for the dog, though. Oh well, she needed a summer clip anyway.

I know I'm going to regret saying this, but reassembly is going
smoothly. There's a lot of nuts and bolts, but 99% of them only fit
correctly in one place, so I'm keeping my fingers crossed. Should have
bought stock in the company that makes anti-seize, though...

With body painting coming up, it looks like she won't be ready for
Solvang, but I'm not letting this summer pass by without a little
California top down therapy. I'll see about taking a few shots of the
beast after engine and tranny go back in. I'll be putting out a call to
any SoCal members who want to assist in this phase, as with everything
freshly painted, I'm going to have to retire the big, big hammers and be
a lot more gentle hoisting it back in. Can't wait for the day when my
garage stops looking like a Model A assembly line :-)

Paul
67 1600