TECH questions

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: TECH questions
From: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 19:40:08 EST
Hello,

I have a couple of questions.  In my experience, the header bow on the
roadsters was not upholstered until the 67.5 cars came along.  Is that
correct?  Does anyone with the earlier cars have any evidence to show that
they were upholstered?  Curiousity is getting to me as I have a frame that
is in EXCELLENT condition (used, but the paint is shiny and there is very
little wear evident.  It is even tight!) and it shows no evidence of vinyl
being glued to it.

Also, does anyone have any experience with MAPP torches?  I saw one at Home
Depot and thought that it would be great if it does what I want - weld sheet
metal cheaply.  The entire kit (including gas!) was only $40, and it claims
to weld sheet metal with no problems.  Being ever the sceptic, I wanted to
ask this intrepid crowd!

Thanks!

Sid