Tuning Gurus Wanted-follow up

To: "datsun list" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Tuning Gurus Wanted-follow up
From: "nruff" <nruffcorn@prodigy.net>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2000 20:52:29 -0600
Thanks for all the replys to my tuning problem.  I had a great w/end
planned, including spending several hours trying to finish debugging my 2L
carbs.  The majority of the time, however, was spent trimming out and laying
carpet in my folks newly remodeled family room.  I can't complain though as
they allow free storage of two roadsters and my stash of parts in their
garage!

I used the remaining 45 minutes of daylight to the fullest (old crotchety
neighbors).  I readjusted both carbs, and also rebalanced them with the
Unisyn.  I found part of my problem in the bent center linkage (the previous
owers were not nice to this car).  This by itself helped the car incredibly
as this bent linkage would not allow the carbs to remain balanced through
the rpm range.  Next time I will check the float level and gross gets as you
have recommended.  The car still have *some* hesitation at medium throttle.
It goes away at higher revs-- I think some minor adjustments will take care
of this.

I've only been driving through the alley which limits me to 30mph before I
run out of road.  I have plates and its insured so the next time out will
hopefully involve some road travel so I can see how it responds in 4th and
5th.  Still not quite legal without exhaust and bumpers.  One thing that
continues to surprise me is the high gearing!  I tend to shift to soon out
of habit from driving my MX-6 (geared WAY low).  I'm sure I'll find some way
to adjust.  ;-)

Thanks again.
Nathan