Re: List help OT

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
From: Mark <captainhoek@postmark.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2000 21:10:08 -0600

RickStayner@aol.com wrote:

> Hello all, just switched ISP and having no luck recieving posts. I have even
> confirmed subscription TWICE via the majordomo as per instructions. Has
> anyone else had similar probelms?
> I'll be dropping this server soon and wouldn't like to miss the great
> information you all provide.
> Thanks!

Stuff like this is why I prefer to use a free email service rather than the
email provided by my ISP.  I have changed ISPs 3 times since arriving in
Houston last July, and no-one would know it from my email address.  You can use
an IMAP (web based) service like like Yahoo, and have it forward your email to
your ISP address, or you can use a POP3 service like Postmark.net (which is
also IMAP) and download your mail to your local hard drive (much better when
you are on a  slow connection).   My outgoing mail goes out via my ISP, but the
reply address is my Postmark account.  And, because Postmark is BOTH IMAP and
POP3, if I want to check my mail at work, I just do it via the Web interface;
if I'm at home I download my mail as POP3.  I have the best of both worlds this
way, and if my ISP goes under, gets flaky, or I move, I don't have to tell all
my friends about yet another new email address, and unsubscribe and then
re-subscribe to all my mailing lists.  (I did have to change l!
ast year when USA.NET finally got so slow that I couldn't stand them anymore.)

This was NOT a paid commercial announcement!  <grin>

--
Mark van der Hoek
Houston

     From bondage to spiritual faith