Re: SU Question

To: jwilliams@kidpower.com, datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SU Question
From: BERKEN@aol.com
Date: Mon, 3 Apr 2000 08:55:11 EDT
In a message dated 04/01/2000 8:41:11 PM Mountain Daylight Time,
jwilliams@kidpower.com writes:

<< 2) Could the return from the front carb being sealed off be what is
 causing the carbon build up on #1 and #2 plugs?

 Any and all advice would be greatly appreciated.

 Jay Williams
 '68 1600
 Nashville, TN
 SEROC (so far just me, Phil Hall, and Ben Zech I think) >>

Jay,

You definitely don't want the fuel overflows (not returns) sealed off.  They
are there to let fuel go to the ground if a float gets stuck.  The original
floats are brass and if they develop a pinhole, will get filled up and sink,
letting the needle and seat keep letting in fuel.  If you have the old floats
you can get new ones from any of the vendors, that are plastic.  The overflow
hoses should be routed outside the frame into the wheel well, AWAY from the
hot exhaust manifold.

Joseph Berkenbile
70 1600
Warren ME