Re[2]: Junked Roadster next to junkyard in Miami

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net, GOAVP@aol.com
Subject: Re[2]: Junked Roadster next to junkyard in Miami
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2000 10:31:20 -0700
Except for the situation of stolen cars. Obviously rare for a thief to give
a gift rather than just leave the car anywhere. Unless they're in cahoots
with someone on the inside of the junkyard, also rare.

A long time ago my '63 Impala was stolen, and the Police said they would
notify me if it turned up. A friend of mine was a civilian in the Police
department and told me he saw it towed into the Police impound yard. He
looked it over and it was intact except for the punched out ignition lock.
The Police hadn't notified me. I went to them, and after they checked with
the yard, I got a release form.

At the Police impound yard, they showed me my Impala half stripped (engine
parts, wheels and other items) and told me I'd have to put wheels on it and
tow it. After my protesting, they said it came in that way from the street.
I advised them that a friend within the Police department would back me up
and I would return in a couple hours. When I returned that afternoon, I
picked up my Impala, complete and running!

Fred - So.SF