Neophyte Question #2

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Neophyte Question #2
From: jon_wissler@pngc.com
Date: Mon, 10 Apr 2000 13:51:52 -0700
     Based on the many responses I received from my earlier question
(thanks for all of them), it sounds like the first thing I should do is
check the point gap.  What does everybody use for a stock 69 2000 with dual
SU's?  Some of the pollution gear has been removed from mine, and I have
been told to time it at 0 degrees.  Any comments on that recommendation?
     Also, as long as I'm at it, I pulled the air cleaner last weekend, and
see that the one-into-two hose fitting that runs to the valve cover is
disconnected withing the air filter housing.  Is this something I should
look at replacing, or has it been removed due to the pollution control
removal?  I ordered a new air filter from the local Nissan dealer, who has
promised here by Wednesday for $27.  Thanks again for the helpful
suggestions.