Re[2]: Fw: a cart for a frame off work

To: Fred Katz <fredkatz@2xtreme.net>,
Subject: Re[2]: Fw: a cart for a frame off work
From: Fred_Katz@ci.sf.ca.us
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2000 11:12:30 -0700
Hi Gary,

I wish I had a treasure trove of rare parts! Embarassed to say it's just a
messy garage. Extremely messy! At the time I took those pics, the shelves
were a combination of grocery items (soup cans, spaghetti sauce, sodas,
etc.) and car stuff (car wax, oil cans, degreasers, rags, etc.). I had
nightmares about my wife cooking dinner with Pennzoil, or topping off
pancakes with liquid car wax. She gave up on navigating around my car stuff
and I had to retrieve all the grocery stuff. She's an angel but her
patience is wearing thin so I promised to clean up the garage this year.

My bachelor friends are more organized and do things right. Racks of nothing but
car parts and accessories throughout the garage! Who needs groceries when you
have a car to eat out with. Also much of my garage has kids toys, books, junk,
etc. I wouldn't have it any other way, though!

Roadster content:
My garage entrance is on a uphill slope. With the frame fully loaded on the
dolly with engine, trans, rear axel, and all front suspension, I can easily
maneuver it single-handed out to the street and back into the garage. So easy to
manipulate with a dolly compared to moving the frame on the stock wheels that
you'll be shocked at the difference.

2x8 stock lumber, side to side rails are 36 inches, front to rear rails are 40
inches. Footprint is 36 by 43. The lumber, reinforcing metal plates and
brackets, and bolts, nuts, and lag screws came out to about $35. The heavy-duty
locking castor wheels were about $60.

You can probably obtain used cheaper/free wheels and cut your costs way down. I
made sure that I got wheels that could support the weight (4 wheels at roughly
600 pounds per wheel). For the body supports, light-weight wheels will work (8
wheels at 50 pounds per wheel are more than enough).

Fred - So.SF