clutch question

To: datsun roadster mailist <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: clutch question
From: Hoon Kim <hoon@pixar.com>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 15:07:32 -0700
My engine has been running fine, but a funny thing happened today while
driving. My car idles at about 600-800 rpm, but while I was at the In-N-Out
Drive through  there was one car that took a tremendously long time to get
their order. I had my foot on the clutch the whole time while inching
forward. After awhile, my idle jumped up to about 1300. After getting my
double-double animal style, and some driving, the engine went back to
normal idle.

my question is: Is this something I should worry about, or is this just
because I had my foot on the clutch for a long time, and not in neutral
which I should have been. Thanks.

BTW, I have an early 67 1600.

                     Hoon Kim
   ______\____       hoon@pixar.com