New guy gets a roadster

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: New guy gets a roadster
From: "Craig Odell" <craigvo@digisys.net>
Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2000 18:33:36 -0700
List,

Well everybody I leave this Saturday for the incredibly over-populated state
of California to meet my new Roadster.
I talked to my dad, who is storing the car for me, the other day. We were
talking about the work we need to do on the car.
I mentioned off hand that I hoped the engine was strong. He gave a little
choked cough and said oh it's strong all right.
Now, people I've been sitting here in Montana for the last month
daydreaming, night-dreaming, every type of dreaming, about this car. My dad
has been taking my toy for joy rides at high speed around the block! AHHHHH!
It's killing me. Absolutely killing me!

But the coolest part of the story was the sound of my father's voice. My dad
never gets excited about anything. He was talking like a little kid. He
called the car "a bomb waiting to go off" he also called it "the little
zipper", and he made little speeding engine noises with his mouth over the
phone to me. I am so excited and so is my dad for the first time in longer
than I can remember.He said he has it in "launching position" in the
driveway right now.

I will see some of you in Sacramento.
To everyone else.....Roadsters Rule!
Bye for 2 weeks.