Re: No Roadster content- relationship expectations

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: No Roadster content- relationship expectations
From: SPL311RDST@aol.com
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2000 01:10:21 EDT
In a message dated 6/1/00 4:32:12 PM US Mountain Standard Time,
laurahoey@myself.com writes:

> I guess the yin to this yang would be the husband of a woman I work with.
> She made the mistake of telling her husband she wanted to see more of these
> great United States this summer, so be bought a beat up old '60's Jeep off
> ebay and expects her to fly to Ohio with him (from Washington State) and
> drive it back. Yeah, right!
>
>  ~Laura Hoey
>   '70 2000

Whaddaya mean MAKE her drive it back? Sounds like fun to me!!!
Laurie :-)
Hey.... Mark wants to put in his .02 here.......

  The 'serious' portion of our relationship started with four days and 1900
miles in the cab of a Penske rental truck. If that doesn't mean enough...
  When I suggested that we should take our honeymoon by driving a 59 Anglia
in La Carrera Panamericana (an 1800 mile vintage TSD Rally - - that will
involve driving an extra 2500 miles to get to the start and an extra 1000
home) her reaction wasn't "You're <expletive deleted> crazy!", or "
NO<expletive deleted>Way!" or any of the other <expletive deleted>replies
expected . Rather, she looked thoughtful for a moment, turned to me and asked
sweetly " Do you think we can get sponsorship?"

  Mark

  P.S. She cooks too - and you can't have her