Alternator fun!

To: datsun <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Alternator fun!
From: Eric Frisbee <efris@home.com>
Date: Fri, 23 Jun 2000 12:23:35 -0600
Well, here's the latest and greatest in the alternator saga...  5
minutes after starting the car, the alternator is nice and hot... but
it's still charging!  Then I start wondering why the radio is dead??
Well, that's why... all the fuses in the radio are blown, including the
one on the fuse block... replace and restart... they all blow again.. So
what causes that?   Take the alternator offline again and start the
car...no problems with the radio anymore...    I'm starting to think
that maybe I should hook it up exactly like David Pina did now... with
the main wire going straight to the battery.. although with that, the
charge is still gonna go through the entire wiring harness still??
Any suggestions??

Eric
WyCROC