Re: Electric Tachometers?

To: "Douglas E Noble" <Douglas.E.Noble@parsons.com>,
Subject: Re: Electric Tachometers?
From: "nruff" <nruffcorn@prodigy.net>
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 13:19:24 -0500
Doug-
My father is using an electric VDO gauge.  It has a black face to match the
factory gauges-the pointer is orange.  The tach was just a *little* smaller
than stock so installation was a breeze.  The factory gauge was removed and
the internals removed (hang onto this as I'm sure someone is needing one!)
Using the original plexiglass lense, I bored a hole the diameter of the new
gauge.  This left only a thin ring of plexiglass.  I painted it black and
secured the gauage to the plexiglass (most new guages use a huge plastic
nut).  This assembly was sandwhiched back into the original casing and
bolted back in with the original hardware.  The setup looks really good-not
cobbled.  It may be a week or so, but I can post pictures if anyone wants.

Enjoy!
Nathan