Re: Direct Fire Ing. (was Rdstr on JTV)

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Direct Fire Ing. (was Rdstr on JTV)
From: Todd Osborn <trosborn@california.com>
Date: Sat, 02 Sep 2000 00:03:34 -0700
Another alternative is to use just two coils, one tied to cylinders 1 &
4, the other tied to cylinders 2 & 3. This is a common set-up on new
Fords, one plug fires on at the end of a compression stroke the other
fires on the end of an exhaust stroke. No effect with the spark into
exhaust, plus easier to throw an arc with the lower chamber pressure.
You eliminate the losses from the rotor and cap, plus give the coil long
time to "charge" (although not really needed for the peak rpm, our
4-bangers see).

Still need to figure out how to trigger the coils, seems simple enough
crank angle sensor, FPGA to map timing curve and fire the plugs -- yea
right I'm still haven't had time to get the '79 310 electronic dizzy
set-up.
Todd Osborn
68 2L DATSFUN