Re: Slave cyl

To: road <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: Slave cyl
From: "Thomas Walter" <ra0618@email.sps.mot.com>
Date: Tue, 05 Sep 2000 08:23:47 -0500
Russell,

Usually I avoid AutoZone parts like the plague. Fine for oil, some
tools, and a few misc. things... but the hydraulics I have gotten from
them tend to be "made in china". I took apart a non-functional
clutch master cylinder and found it was still full of metal shavings!

Much simpler to buy the correct, and good quality, item from your
favorite roadster vendor.

Thankfully the 3/4" bore on the slave cylinder was used by Datsun
for years, and is a common item. The cast iron slave cylinder is a nice
touch as it can be honed out... something not recommended on aluminum
cylinders (like the master & brake).

Irony... I had "stock piled" all sort of stuff from the days gone by. I
was shocked to discover I am finally out of float cover gaskets. Typically
you can easily reuse them, but with the hot sun it dried the gasket out too
quickly, leaving them to crumble into dust. Darn!

Cheers,

Tom Walter
Austin, TX.

P.S. Correction... yesterday was 110 F in Austin, which is the highest
on record. Gee, I only thought it was "just" 107 F. ;-)   About 43 C
for our Metric friends. [For those not use to Celsius, it is simple...
[10 is cold, 20 is nice, 30 is hot]